Friday, September 27, 2013

I'm tagged! 6 Things About Me


Hi there folks, here we are again at the end of the week! Fridays are great, aren't they:) ? I've been tagged by my lady friend Leia at Latitude Adjustment with 6 get-to know-you questions (thanks for the tag Leia)! If you're just tuning in, check out a few more posts about me here, here, and here

1. What is your favorite animal and why?
I'm such a big animal-lover! Every species is so intricate and unique its hard to choose just one that's my favorite...BUT I'm going to go with the butterfly. I feel like it's pretty applicable to my personality. These little creatures start as a chrysalis, then form an egg, hatch as a caterpillar, and live as a butterfly until death. Pretty amazing the life changes it goes through, isn't it? I tend to go through changes and adapt my world from time to time. It helps me keep a fresh perspective. Fun fact: Butterflies use chemo-receptors on their feet to taste!
{source}

2. If you could travel to one place in the world, where would it be?
Like Leia, I've got a handful(or maybe 8) of places on my to-go list. At the top of it are several Asian countries, but Taiwan in particular. I choose Taiwan because I have a good friend who is Taiwanese and tells me about it all the time. I really hope to travel with her there one of these days :) AND definitely for the food...I mean, just look!!
{source}

3. What is your favorite thing about yourself (or quality you like in others if you don't wanna talk about yourself)?
Listening is a very admirable quality in my opinion. It's very humble and shows compassion. There's really an art to listening and it can be very therapeutic. It's such a compliment when I'm told that I'm a good listener :)

4. What did you want to be when you grew up and what do you do now?
As a kid I wanted to be a lot of things. I was inspired by animals, nature, music. I remember using my little chalkboard and teaching all my stuffed animals. I really liked the word flow and remember 'teaching' how to say it, what it meant, and using it in a sentence. It's still a word I like. I have been teaching many years now (swimming, tutoring, English, even math - which is not my thing). Currently I teach English with business professionals and young children. I would love to learn yoga and really teach about 'flow' :)
Practicing letters with the littlest munchkins. Cusco, Peru.

5. What is the LAST concert you went to?
Oh, gee it's been too long! The last time visiting California, we went out for a friend's birthday and saw a pair of really great local Americana folk bands. The night was danced away so hard!! I'd love to see some good live music soon!

6. What is something not a lot of people would know about you?
I was adopted. It's a funny thing that doesn't up come often for the most-part, not because it's something I avoid or am not open to talking about. It's a complex thing to explain the feeling that goes along with it and everyone's experience and story is so different. I'll be posting on this in the future for sure. Anyway, I'm proud that this is a part of who I am. I love my parents and brother so much. 


6 bloggers I'm tagging:

* Nicole @ Letters from Nicole

* Kerry @ Till Then, Smile Often

* Meghan @ Neither Here Nor There

* Laura @ The Pink Herbivore

* Elizabeth @ Army Ever After

* Noami @ girldust


Choose 6 questions you'd like:
What is your favorite animal and why?
Would you prefer a city break or a sun, sea, and sand vacation?
If you could travel to one place in the world, where would it be?
How many countries have you traveled to?  How many of the 50 states?
What is your favorite thing about yourself (or quality you like in others if you don't wanna talk about yourself)?
What is the best advice someone has ever given you? 
What did you want to be when you grew up and what do you do now?
What is a pet peeve of yours? 
What is the LAST concert you went to?
What is something not a lot of people would know about you?

Signature photo Signature_zpsabfa935f.png




No comments:

Post a Comment